The Fast Start Diet – FAQs
1. Can anyone do the Fast Start Diet?
The Fast Start Diet is not recommended for:
- People who are underweight or have an eating disorder
- Children (under 18 years old)
- Pregnant women or breast feeding mothers
- People recovering from surgery
- Those who are frail or have a significant underlying medical condition should speak to their doctor first, as they would before embarking on any weight-loss regime.
- Those who are not sure about whether it may affect their prescribed medications should to speak to their doctor first.
- People feeling unwell or have a fever
2. Is the diet vegan?
While the diet IS vegetarian, it is NOT vegan.
3. Is the diet gluten-free?
4. Do the days have to be consecutive?
Yes, the diet is meant to be done over three consecutive days.
5. What day should I start the diet?
It depends on your schedule, but we recommend that you start on Monday or Tuesday since most people find it more difficult to follow the diet during the weekend.
6. Can I drink coffee during the diet?
We recommend that you drink the teas provided. However, we understand that it may difficult for some of you to give up your morning coffee. We suggest that if you absolutely have to have your coffee you limit your intake as much as possible. Joey can’t resist☺
7. Can I have cream in my coffee?
According to Dr. Jason Fung, author of "The Complete Guide to Fasting," a little cream doesn't prevent him from getting the results he desires, but for other people it may undo some of the positives.
8. Can I exercise during the diet?
As with any exercise program, we recommend that you consult your physician first.
9. Why is the diet mostly snack foods?
These foods were carefully chosen to fulfill the basic macronutrient requirements consistent with the principles of the fast mimicking diet.
10. Do I have to eat everything in the packets?
No – but you will☺
11. What are the side effects?
The most common side effect is feeling hungry, particularly when you first start. If you feel dizzy or have a headache, call your doctor.
12. Should I continue to take my medication / vitamins / supplements?
Please consult your physician before starting any diet.
13. What are the bracelets for?
Add one every day to serve as a daily reminder that you’re dieting. It will show what you’ve accomplished and remind you where you want to go.
14. Can I carry food over to the next day?
No. If you have any remaining food, we recommend you save it for after the diet rather than eat more during the diet.
15. How many glasses of water should I drink a day?
Individual water needs will vary depending on your health, how active you are and where you live. However, 8 8oz fluids a day, which includes the soup and teas is good daily total.
16. Are substitutions allowed?
17. Can I sweeten my tea?
18. I don’t like the taste of the green superfood. What should I do?
If you find it difficult to drink we recommend you add a teaspoon of orange juice to make it more palatable.
19. Why can’t I stop thinking about food?
It’s common to think about food when you’re on the diet. But stick with it and after day two you’ll be free and the results are worth it.
20. What results should I expect?
Past participants have experienced 3 to 5 pounds of weight loss along with increased energy and feeling of well-being.